Seeking an experienced and ambitious Center Manager for our San Antonio, TX Distribution Center. As a Center Manager for Omnisource United, Inc., you will be responsible for managing all day-to-day operations at the tire center, manage cost, support sales and marketing efforts to increase sales and improve profitability. Partner with local sales force in calling on dealers to grow business, provide leadership, coaching and training to all personnel while promoting Omnisource’s core values.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Optimize and manage all day-to-day operations at the tire center(s) to achieve business plan and increase profitability:Ensure Safety is number 1 priority.
- Ensure a safe work environment is present at all times and all employees abide by safety guidelines Center SG&A management.
- Accountable for financial and administrative aspect of the business (P&L, Budgeting, Forecasting, Proper cost accounting, Reports, etc.).
- Responsible to ensure efficient and effective utilization, protection and management of company assets (Building, Vehicles, Equipment, Tire and other inventory, Customer property) on a 24/7/365 basis.
- Implement optimized delivery routes.
- Operate warehouse efficiently according to Omnisource protocols and standards.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures along with all related federal and state laws. Be the front-line representative of Omnisource to many authorities dealing with Businesses.
- Promote and develop growth of Omnisource’s competitive edge.
- Support efforts of inside and outside sales personnel to increase sales and improve profitability. Participate in sales calls to potential and existing customers.
- Reinforce “marketing approach” with sales personnel; measures and improves sales productivity.
- Provide leadership and training to all personnel in the tire center’
- Develop, coach, and motivate employees to create an open, supportive and positive culture to maximize the potential of individuals and achieve efficiently and top performance across all metrics.
- Attract, motivate and retain personnel. Recruit for all center positions with final decision authority. Develop employees to improve their experience and qualifications to advance the business.
- Promote team effectives and a positive work environment. Ensure that all personnel in the Center work together to produce the best results for the Center, and Company.
- Keep personnel informed of company announcements, changes, and other information.
- Lead the center constantly and exemplify company vision and value to all personnel. 95% of the time be the sole face of Omnisource for employees and customers.
- Responsible for inventory integrity of product on truck, both delivery and returns. Participate in cycle count process as required.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Industry knowledge; tire, wholesale, and distribution.
- Leadership and management skills; lead by example with integrity and teamwork.
- Computer skills; basic skill level in Microsoft Office.
- Strong economics, marketing, and financial management skills; be proficient in budgeting and forecasting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill; must be able to effectively communicate at all levels.
- Personnel and human resources; recruit, hire, team-build, coach, and mentoring skills.
- Extensive background in the tire wholesale industry; minimum of 1 year of distribution, warehousing, and inventory control experience.
- Three years of management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Able to lift or handle between 25 - 125 lbs.
- Operate man-up or forklift as required.
- Unload and put-away product as required.
- Pick, stage, load tires, deliver (as necessary).
- Maintain organization of product in the warehouse.
- Participate in physical inventory.